banana split layered dessert
8 tbs. (1 stick) butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese (lite or regular only), softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbs. milk
2 cups whipped topping, thawed
2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
4-6 large strawberries, sliced
2-3 medium bananas, halved & sliced
1 package (5.9 oz.) chocolate pudding
2 cups cold milk
1. preheat oven to 200 degrees F. melt butter. in a 9"x13" pan stir together butter and graham cracked crumbs. press with a fork or bottom of glass to make a crust. bake for 5 minutes. let cool.
2. beat cream cheese, sugar, and 3 tbs. milk with electric mixer. add in whipped topping. beat til smooth and creamy. spread over crust and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
3. spread a thin layer of crushed pineapple over the cream cheese layer. add strawberry slices and banana slices (see picture below).
4. make chocolate pudding with 2 cups cold milk. when well blended, spread as a layer on top of the fruit layer. refrigerate.
5. before serving, garnish with whipped cream, nuts and a cherry on top.
fruit layer and side note: it would be prettier to put the fruit on top of the chocolate pudding. however, the bananas brown quickly if you do that. so putting them under the chocolate is the best solution.
makes about 15 servings. enjoy! =)
♠ ♠ ♠
download a printable copy of this recipe at...