peanut butter & chocolate faux ice cream cake
12 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies, divided
3 tbs. butter, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tub whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 squares Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1. crush 8 of the cookies in a resealable plastic bag with a rolling pin. mix the cookie crumbs with butter. press onto the bottom of a foil-lined loaf pan.
2. mix cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. with a spoon stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping.
3. remove ½ cup of the cream cheese mixture into a small bowl. in the small bowl stir in the chocolate until well blended and set aside.
4. spoon half the remaining cream cheese mixture over cookie crust. layer with chocolate mixture. top with the rest of the cream cheese mixture.
5. freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm. invert onto plate and remove foil, then reinvert onto serving platter so that the crumb layer is on the bottom. top dessert with remaining whipped topping. break apart or crush the last 4 cookies and sprinkle cookie crumbs.
makes about 10 servings. enjoy! =)
♠ ♠ ♠
download a printable pdf file of this recipe at...